Got a new MacBook Pro or Air? Congratulations and welcome to the Mac world!
We feel your excitement, but hold on, familiarizing yourself with some Mac OS X basics would boost your future productivity — more comfort, less hassles.
Here’s a list of resources we’d like to recommend you to read and apply.
Apple MacBook Basics
- Apple Mac Basics: need a lesson on how to get the most out of your Mac? Here’s the place you should visit.
- MacBook specifications: learn more about your Mac hardware and software configurations.
- MacBook keyboard shortcuts: want to show off a bit geeky stuff, check it.
- MacRumors: keep yourself updated with what’s new about Apple.
- 9to5mac: another great Mac news site, as the name indicates: 9am to 5pm all about Mac stuff.
- Apple iCloud: your data means the whole world, make sure you have backups as always.
- How to upgrade OS X: Apple launches new OS X system every year or so.
- Parallels Desktop for Mac: in case you want to run Windows on your Macbook.
- Onyx – free, easy-to-use system cleaning tool for OS X.
- Wunderlist – task/time management app that works amazingly across multiple platforms.
- Google Chrome – best web browser in the world (no “one of”).
Any other good suggestions, let us know!